Taking Testimonies and/or Obtaining evidence in Mexico

Perhaps you are a colleague attorney who has been looking for the response to some questions such as:

  • “How can I obtain testimony of a witness if such witness is a foreign national living abroad?
  • Can I seek a subpoena for the taking of his testimony, even if such witness lives outside the Court’s Jurisdiction (in a different Country)
  • What’s the best way to obtain evidence from abroad?

The answers to your questions might arise out of different bodies of statutory International Law such as “The Hague Convention on the taking of evidence abroad in civil or commercial matters”.

Perhaps you have never heard of this or other International Treaties or maybe you remotely recall a citation of one or two conventions during a lecture in your law school days.   Or you may be competently aware of such international law; however you have never attempted to put them in practice for the sake of one of your clients.

Well, we are here to tell you that these types of international mechanisms for obtaining evidence abroad actually work!  And in case you are interested in seeking evidence abroad for the furtherance of your case, we can do it for you!

Call us now and discuss your case and your evidentiary needs with us.